Rates for Weekly Compensation and Weekly Income Compensation
Payment rates from 1 April 2018:
Both Weekly Compensation and Weekly Income Compensation are calculated as a weekly entitlement and paid:
- fortnightly within New Zealand, and
- 4-weekly overseas.
Weekly Income Compensation
Weekly Income Compensation is paid at NZD$932.96 per week.
This payment is calculated as 80% of the average weekly wage. In calculating this, we don't take into account:
- income tax
- KiwiSaver contributions
- ACC payments
- child support
- student loan, or
- civil orders.
Weekly Compensation (veteran or family)
Your payments are based on:
- a percentage of your weekly earnings before you had to stop working
- a minimum of NZD$906.70 per week before tax.
If you are getting Weekly Compensation for Families, then it is based on the weekly earnings of your family member who had Qualifying Service.
|First year of incapacity||Up to 100% of your previous weekly earnings|
|Following years||Up to 85% of your previous weekly earnings|
Your exact payment rate will be based on your income details.
- If you were employed or getting PAYE income, we will ask your employer for your income details. We will base this on the 12 months before you became unable to work.
- If you were self-employed or a shareholder, you will need to ask IRD for your income details and then share this with us. Your financial support will be based on the last full tax-year before you became unable to work.