Veterans and veteran groups may seek funding toward commemorative visits, events and projects:
- veterans may seek funding for battlefield visits or overseas commemorations
- veteran groups may seek funding for commemorative projects or reunions.
Funding for individual veterans
You may be able to access funding toward:
- revisiting battlefield sites
- attending official commemorations overseas.
The commemoration must relate to a deployment [PDF, 229 KB] on our our list of Qualifying Operational Service.
To apply, you must be a veteran of:
- the New Zealand Forces; and
- the battle or campaign being commemorated.
So that as many veterans as possible benefit, there’s a limit on how much you may claim. Current maximum is $2,500.
You can’t claim if you've already had funding at the maximum level—that is:
- $2,500; or
- $2,000, if received before 1 July 2016 (being the maximum then claimable).
If your past funding has been below the relevant level, you may claim for the balance remaining from $2,500.
Funding for veteran groups
National reunions & events
Veteran groups may seek funding for national reunions, or similar events, to commemorate significant military anniversaries.
Maximum funding is $10 per veteran, up to a total of $5,000.
Veteran groups may seek funding for projects such as exhibitions, memorials, booklets or oral histories. Projects must:
- be New Zealand-based; and
- commemorate veterans’ enduring contributions.
Level of funding is dependent on project’s total cost, but may be up to $5,000.
Forms & factsheet
- Factsheet (Commemorative Funding) [PDF, 165 KB]: summary for printing